Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Birth Affirmations

SOURCE: mateoandtobias Etsy shop


I believe wholeheartedly in the mind/body connection of birth. 
I believe affirmations help build confidence as the world tears it down.
There are so many wonderful affirmations that give me the confidence to birth the way we were meant to. ( When a woman is giving birth, she has grief because her hour has come, but when she has given birth to the child, she remembers the tribulation no more because of the joy that a man has been born into the world.-John 16:21)

Throughout this pregnancy I have kept a Pinterest board with many wonderful affirmations, along with a page in my daily Calendar. This way, I can see them often. Here are a just a few of my favorites.

"We have a secret in our culture, it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong." -Laurie Stavoe Harm
(If you know me personally you know that I have this on a sweatshirt. I wear it to every birth!)

"The power and intensity of my contractions can never be stronger than me: they are me."

"Know that you are safe and free. Through surrender and acceptance, we are healed."

"Slow down.
Calm down.
Don't worry.
Don't hurry.
Trust the process."

"Rain, after all is only rain; it is not bad weather.
So also, pain is only pain; unless we resist it, then it becomes torment." -The I Ching


Though I plan to have some of my favorites displayed at my birth, I also plan on displaying some from friends and family who I know are cheering me on from afar. These mean the most to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...